Sigma® 500 is a biaxially orientated PTFE based material that contains hollow glass fibres. It is primarily used in sealing applications that have a low bolt load requirement and can be applied on delicate, worn and damaged flanges. Sigma® 500 has a non-stick surface and is suitable for use with most chemicals across the pH range of 0-14 (except molten alkali metals, fluorine gas and hydrogen fluoride).
The material is WRAS approved for use with potable water and complies with FDA and EC food contact regulations. At PAR Group, we have the machining capabilities to covert the material into any standard table size flange gasket, bespoke gasket or picture frame gasket. If you are having difficulties measuring your gasket, please see our guide on 'How to Measure a Gasket'. A full material comparison of our Novus™ and Sigma® gasket materials can be viewed by clicking here.
GYLON® 3504 and Klinger® Top-Chem 2003 gasket materials can also be supplied should you require an alternative to this material. Sigma® 500 is available to buy online by the sheet at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
Suitable for sealing applications with chemicals across the pH range of 0-14, with the exception of molten alkali metals, fluorine or hydrogen fluoride.
- Temperature: -250°C to +260°C maximum.
- Max Pressure: 85 bar.
- Ideally suited to both standard and low bolt loaded irregular flanges.
- Typical flanges include glass lined, ceramic plastic coated or uneven / badly distorted flanges.
- Conforms to FDA regulations.
- WRAS / WRc approved for use with potable water.
- TA-LUFT approved (1206528).
- DVGW DIN 3533-6 tested.
- Tested in accordance to EC Regulation No. 10/2011.
- WRAS approved for use with potable water.
- Complies with FDA regulations.