Polyurethane Class O Acoustic Foam is a general purpose material that is treated with inorganic fire resisting fillers. It provides excellent thermal insulation properties and is flame retardant in accordance with BS 476 Part 6 and 7, making it suitable for use in buildings as a sound absorptive panel or as acoustic flooring. PU foam does not support fungal growth, offers excellent longevity once installed and is easy to cut and manipulate. The foam is also CFC / HCFC free, non-toxic and is used in a range of industries including; building and construction, automotive, HVAC and manufacturing.
At PAR Group, we supply a range of polyurethane class O acoustic foams that are used in various applications. Popular options include foil faced, for protection against moisture and oils, self-adhesive backed, for ease of installation and affixing, and Melinex® faced, for effective resistance to chemicals and solvents.
For further information regarding the grades we supply please see the availability section below. Alternatively, to buy online, please select the 'Buy Online' button above.
Commonly used for internal and external duct linings, thermal and acoustic machine coverings, suspended ceiling absorptive panels, acoustic flooring and external lagging.
- Temperature: -30°C up to +100°C.
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) free.
- Provides excellent flame retardant properties.
- Provides an effective barrier to sound.
- Flexible, easily cut and lightweight.
- Does not support fungal growth.
- Easy to handle and install.
- Offers a Class O fire testing rating in accordance with BS 476 Part 6 and 7 for 'fire tests on building materials and structures'.
- Provides a class UL94 V-0 flammability rating; meaning the polymer will self-extinguish after removal of flame.
Note: May be available in rolls if required, please enquire.