B10 phenolic cotton laminate is a fine weave, electrically insulating material displaying exceptional mechanical properties and chemical resistance. The non-coarse nature of B10 makes it the best choice laminate for the manufacture of intricately machined bespoke parts and components. This material is supplied as a direct alternative to genuine TUFNOL® Carp Brand.
Our in-house machining capabilities allow us to manufacture B10 into a wide range of bespoke items such as gears, scrapers, bearings and pads. Our facilities are wide ranging and include CNC milling, routing, turning and drilling. For more information on and examples of our manufacturing capabilities, please see our machining service page.
B10 is manufactured to BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-4-PFCC305.
B10 is an ideal grade for the manufacture of intricate machined components requiring good electrical and thermal insulating properties. This may include piston rings, bushes, sleeves, gears, pulleys, sheaves, scraper blades and more.
- Temperature: Up to +115°C continuous (+125°C intermittent).
- Fine weave, suitable for machining into a fine finish.
- Good mechanical properties.
- Excellent electrical insulating properties.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Relatively lightweight.
- Excellent machining characteristics.
- Better load bearing characteristics than SRBP counterparts.
- BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-4-PFCC305.
- BS 2572 Standard: F1 (since superseded by BS EN 60893).
- Closest Nema Standard equivalent: Nema L.
- Closest MIL Specification: MIL-I-24768/15.