F2 phenolic cotton laminate is a commercial, economical alternative to B12 phenolic cotton laminate. As with B12, it is considered to be a great general purpose fabric laminate displaying good mechanical strength, dimensional stability, and electrical and thermal insulation properties. As this material is an alternative grade to B12, it can also be used as an alternative to TUFNOL® Whale Brand and TUFNOL® Crow Brand.
F2 displays a higher operating temperature than comparable plastic materials such as nylon, and a lighter weight than metal comparisons such as steel and aluminium. As a thermoset material, finished components are manufactured using similar techniques to plastic machining such as CNC milling, turning, sawing or drilling. See our machining services information for examples of our work.
F2 is typically manufactured to meet the requirements of BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-4-PFCC203.
Suitable for use in the manufacture of gears, piston rings, guide plates, star wheels, washer, bearings, jigs, fixtures and other machined components.
- Temperature: Up to +115°C continuous (+125°C intermittent).
- More economical alternative to B12 grade.
- Easily machined into components.
- Good load bearing capabilities in comparison to paper based laminates.
- Good thermal, electrical and mechanical properties.
- Typically manufactured to meet the requirements of BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-4-PFCC203.
- BS 2572 Standard: F2 (since superseded by BS EN 60893).
- Closest Nema Standard equivalent: Nema C.
- Closest MIL Specification: MIL-I-24768/16.