B42 epoxy cotton laminate is a fine weave, electrically insulating material with excellent tracking resistance, high mechanical strength, and good resistance to chemical substances. The tracking resistance helps to reduce the amount of leakage current on the surface of the insulation, while the fine weave construction makes it particularly suitable for complicated and intricate parts. This material is supplied as a direct alternative to genuine TUFNOL® 6F45.
Our in-house machining capabilities allow us to manufacture B42 into a wide range of bespoke items such as fine tooth and medium tooth gears, seal rings and high voltage insulation components. Our facilities are wide ranging and include CNC milling, routing, turning and drilling. For more information on and examples of our manufacturing capabilities, please see our machining service page.
B42 is manufactured to BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-2-EPCC301.
B42 is an ideal grade for the manufacture of intricate machined components requiring excellent tracking resistance.
- Temperature: Up to +130°C continuous (+145°C intermittent).
- Fine weave, suitable for machining into a fine finish.
- Excellent tracking resistance.
- High mechanical strength
- Excellent electrical insulating properties.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Excellent machining characteristics.
- Better load bearing characteristics than SRBP counterparts.
- BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-2-EPCC301.
- BS 2572 Standard: F6 (since superseded by BS EN 60893).