Our 6314 – silicone braided radiator hose is manufactured from a silicone compound tested to BS903 and SAE J20R1 class A, giving the hose good physical and chemical compatibility when used with coolant and corrosion inhibitors. The hose has either 3, 4, 5 or 6 ply fine mesh polyester reinforcements (inside diameter dependent) resulting in improved elongation, weathering, ozone and tear resistance as opposed to other conventional materials.
We offer blue silicone hose in many different shapes and sizes as standard. If a hose is required for the conveyance of oils and fuels, a fluorosilicone lined hose will be needed (available upon request). If you are unsure about the hose you require please see our 'Hose Selection Advice', or select the green 'Enquire Now' button above to make an enquiry.
Motor vehicle engine, radiator, heater and inter-cooler applications.
- Temperature: -50°C up to +180°C.
- Blue silicone hose as standard (others available on request).
- Compatible with coolant and corrosion inhibitors.
- Outstanding resistance to ozone, weathering, tear and elongation.
- Fluorosilicone lined hose required for conveying oils and fuels.
- 4.5mm minimum silicone compound.
- 100% fine mesh polyester reinforcements.
- Minimum 3 ply for diameter < 50mm.
- Minimum 4 ply for diameter > 50mm.
- Minimum 5 ply for diameter > 102mm.
- Minimum 6 ply for diameter > 168mm.
- 0.57mm mesh thickness.
- Hose meets requirements of SAE J20R1 class A.
- Silicone compound tested to BS903 at pressed cured for 5 minutes at +115°C.
Other bespoke colours and sizes can be manufactured upon request.