Our type 2 underground hydrant is manufactured from cast iron and has a blue internal and external epoxy resin coating. It has a male urban round thread outlet (which is secured with M12 fixing bolts) and a universally drilled EN 1092-2 PN10/16 and BS10 table D/E inlet. This squat fire hydrant is WRAS approved for use with cold water, has a maximum working pressure of 16 Bar (232 psi) and conforms with a series of regulations including; BS EN 14339:2005, BS EN 1074 part 1 and 2 and BS 750:2012.
Type 2 underground hydrants, blue cast iron female BSPP adaptors and hydrant blanking caps are available to purchase online at PAR Direct by clicking the 'buy online' button above. To make an enquiry for the other adaptors or alternative hydrant outlets, please click the green 'enquire now' button. A range of fire hydrant standpipes and hydrant key and bar are also available if required.
Max. Working Pressure
- Service Temperature: -10°C up to +70°C (insulation is required for temperatures below 0°C).
- Suitable for use with drinking water.
- Excellent resistance to corrosion.
- Lightweight and strong.
- Meets the requirements of EN 14339:2005 for underground firefighting hydrants installed in a water distribution system with an operating pressure of 10 Bar, 16 Bar or 25 Bar.
- Complies with BS EN 1074-2:2000 for valves suitable for use with water supply.
- BS 750:2012 compliant for underground fire hydrants.
- WRAS approved for cold water use.