Silicone metal detectable rubber gaskets are cut from a synthetic elastomer that contains additives which are visible to metal detectable scanning equipment, thereby helping to reduce the risk of product contamination. The material complies with EC and FDA regulations for repeated use with foodstuffs making it a popular option in food processing and pharmaceutical applications.
Metal detectable silicone gaskets offer excellent resistance to temperatures, ozone, oxidation and weathering and provide good electrical insulating and release properties. The elastomer also maintains its flexibility at low temperatures and offers a low compression set.
At PAR, we also offer a standard range of silicone rubber gaskets that are available in a range of colours and conform to EC, FDA and WRAS regulations. We have the capability to manufacture gaskets utilising highly advanced CNC machinery and can fulfil low or high volume requirements. For more information on how to measure your gaskets, please view our step by step guide 'How to Measure a Gasket'.
For more information on the benefits of this gasket material and how we helped a UK based snack food manufacturer, please see our metal detectable gaskets case study.
- Shore Hardness: 60° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -60°C up to +200°C.
- Popular gasket material in the food, drink, pharmaceutical and diary industries.
- Contains additives visible to metal detecting equipment.
- Helps to reduce the risk of product contamination.
- Complies with regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 for articles intended to come into contact with food.
- Conforms to US FDA 21 CFR177.2600 for rubber articles intended for repeated use with food.