Acetal homopolymer (also known as Delrin®) rod is a strong rigid plastic with a higher mechanical strength, hardness and creep resistance than acetal copolymer. It also has a high resistance to wear. It is easy to machine with very good electrical insulation properties and is resistant to dilute acids, cleaning agents and some solvents. Acetal homopolymer has a lower thermal expansion rate than acetal copolymer.
Friction bearings, gears, housing parts, rollers, insulators and snap fit connectors.
- Temperature: Up to +110°C (+150°C short term).
- Offers enhanced mechanical strength, hardness and resistance to creep than acetal copolymer.
- Improved temperature resistance compared to acetal copolymer.
- Excellent electrical insulation properties.
- Good machinability.
- Excellent resistance to wear.
Also available: Acetal Homopolymer (Delrin®) Sheet.