Acetal rod is a strong, rigid plastic with excellent impact and mechanical strength. It has low water absorption and is resistant to dilute acids, cleaning agents and numerous solvents. Acetal rod is easily machined and is commonly used in food contact applications. It is more resistant to hydrolysis and strong alkalis, and has a higher thermal expansion rate than acetal homopolymer (Delrin®). Acetal rod is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
Machine parts, friction bearings, gears, rollers, guides and seals.
- Temperature: -50°C up to +100°C.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Suitable for contact with food.
- Very good electrical insulation properties.
- Excellent resistance to impact and wear.
- Very good sliding properties.
- Good resistance to various chemicals.
- Highly machinable.
- Conforms with EC regulation No. 10/2011 and No. 1935/2004.
- Complies with FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.2470 (but not for applications containing more than 15% alcohol content).
- Pigments used in black rods comply with FDA regulation 21 CFR 178.3297.
Also available: Acetal Sheet and Acetal Tube.