Polyethylene PE1000 rod - UHMW metal & x-ray detectable contains additives which are visible to both metal detector and x-ray scanning equipment, so that any plastic contamination in the product can be easily identified. The colour blue also adds a visual identification aspect to the product. UHMW has excellent wear resistance due to a very low coefficient of friction, excellent chemical resistance, very low moisture absorption and is FDA approved.
Conveyor equipment and machined plastic components in the food, drink and pharmaceutical industries.
- Temperature: -150°C up to +80°C.
- Excellent resistance to wear and chemicals.
- Contains additives that are identifiable in metal detector scanning equipment.
- Also detectable by X-ray equipment.
- Good sliding properties and low abrasion.
- FDA approved.
Also available: Polyethylene PE1000 Sheet - UHMW Metal Detectable.