Metal Detectable PTFE rod contains very fine material additives that are identifiable to most metal detector equipment. It retains the key characteristics of standard PTFE grades and is mostly used in food, drink and pharmaceutical processing applications. It provides good thermal stability, has a very low coefficient of friction and has excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals. Metal detectable PTFE rod also has good electrical properties, but is difficult to bond.
Rollers, scrolls, slide bearings, gaskets, seals and washers.
- Temperature: -200°C up to +260°C.
- Outstanding resistance to low and high temperatures.
- Non-stock with excellent sliding properties.
- Very low coefficient of friction.
- Contains additives that are identifiable in metal detector scanning equipment.
- Easily machined.
- Food approved.
- Compliant with commission regulation (EU) No. 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
- FDA approved.
Also available: PTFE Sheet - Metal Detectable.