PEEK rod (polyether ether ketone) is an extremely tough, wear resistant plastic with excellent resistance to high temperatures and energy radiation. It is very dimensionally stable and has a high mechanical bearing strength. PEEK rod also offers excellent chemical resistance and a high resistance to hydrolysis, even against super-heated steam. It is also electrically insulating, has good sliding properties and is easily machined. PEEK rod is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
Nuclear and medical industries. Machined components including friction bearings, piston parts, wafer supports and plug parts.
- Temperature: -60°C up to +250°C (+310°C short term).
- Extremely strong and wear resistant plastic.
- Excellent resistance to creep and high energy radiation.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and hydrolysis.
- Noise dampening.
- Easily machined.
- Natural and black grade complies with FDA food regulations (21 CFR, Part 177, Paragraph 2415).
- Natural grade complies with EC Regulation No 10/2011 for plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
Also available: PEEK Sheet and PEEK Tube.