PTFE rod has excellent resistance to most chemicals and solvents and is capable of operating at high and low temperatures. It also has a very low coefficient of friction and is commonly used in food contact applications. It provides good thermal stability and has good electrical properties, but is not suitable for wear application and is difficult to bond. PTFE rod is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
Slide bearings, insulators and rollers.
- Temperature: -200°C to +260°C.
- Very good sliding properties and anti-adhesive.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and UV.
- Outstanding resistance to low and high temperatures.
- Food approved.
- Complies with EC No. 1953/2004 and EC No. 10/2011 for plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
- Complies with FDA food regulations 21 CFR 177.1550 and FDA 21 CFR 175.300.
- Offers a class UL94 V-0 flammability rating, meaning the polymer will self-extinguish after removal of flame.
- WRAS approved material for use with water up to 85°C.
Also available: PTFE Sheet and PTFE Tube.