Stainless steel filled PTFE rod is commonly converted into parts used in food and pharmaceutical applications. It displays enhanced mechanical strength, increased resistance to wear, and improved thermal conductivity compared to standard grades of PTFE. The metallic reinforcement also helps to dissipate static build up and enhances the hardness of the material, thereby making it easier to machine.
Compared to other grades in the PTFE range, the 316L stainless steel filler provides increased resistance to deformation under load and offers a similar kinetic coefficient of friction to that of carbon filled PTFE. It is highly resistant to chemicals (with the exception of some alakli metals, chlorine trifluoride and elemental fluorine) and offers a broad operating temperature. Stainless filled PTFE rod also complies with EC 1935/2004 and FDA 21 CFR 177.1550 regulations making it suitable for use with wet or dry foodstuffs.
We have the capability to convert stainless steel filled PTFE rod into finished products such as washers, gaskets, and rollers utilising in-house CNC machinery. It is commonly used in a range of processing applications that require an anti-static material offering good resistance to compression. For more information regarding the services we can provide, please visit our plastic machining section.
Stainless steel filled PTFE can be purchased online. Please select the 'Buy Online' button above to see our stocked availability.
Bushings, rollers, gaskets, washers, gears and electrical insulation parts.
- Temperature: -200°C up to +260°C.
- 50% virgin PTFE and 50% 316L stainless steel.
- Helps to dissipate static build up (volume resistivity of 107 Ohms).
- Improved resistance to deformation under load compared to other PTFE grades.
- Broad operating temperature.
- Outstanding resistance to chemicals.
- Suitable for food contact applications.
- Easily machined.
- Complies with FDA federal regulation 21 CFR Chapter 1; section 177.1550 for perfluorocarbon resins suitable for use with food contact surfaces.
- EC 1935/2004 and EU 10/2011 compliant for plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
- Class UL94 V-0 flammability rating, meaning it will self-extinguish after upon removal of flame.
Also available: Stainless steel filled PTFE Sheet.