Armaflex® class O sheet and roll is manufactured from nitrile rubber foam that is chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) free. The closed cell structure of this thermal insulation provides effective resistance to water vapour and offers low thermal conductivity, ensuring that energy loss and the risk of corrosion is greatly reduced once installed.
Armaflex® insulation sheet also has good resistance to ozone and oils due to the characteristics of the rubber foam compound. The product offers an ODP (ozone depletion potential) rating of zero, does not spread flame and helps to prevent against fungal growth due to the materials antimicrobial properties.
Armaflex® sheet and roll is commonly used to insulate rectangular air conditioning ductwork or as a layer of insulation to help improve energy efficiency. For applications that require additional affixing, we can offer Armaflex® sheet insulation complete with a self-adhesive backing.
Armaflex® is available to purchase online at PAR Direct by clicking the 'buy online' button above.
Properties of Armaflex® Sheet and Roll
- Temperature: -50°C up to +105°C, (+85°C when sheet is glued to flat surfaces).
- Helps to prevent energy loss by up to 87%.
- Excellent condensation and freeze control.
- Easily installed, lightweight and provides long lasting service.
- Effective resistance to moisture absorption.
- Does not spread flame.
- Prevents against fungal growth.
- Offers a Class 0 rating in accordance with BS EN 13501-1 for 'fire classification of construction products and building elements'.
- Fire propagation; in accordance with BS 476 Part 6:1989.
- Class 1 rated in accordance with BS 476 Part 7:1997 for 'fire tests on building materials and structures'.
- Euroclass B-s3, d0 in compliance with BS EN ISO 13823 for the 'building products excluding floorings exposed to the thermal attack by a single burning item'.
- FM-approved in accordance with UBC26-3, Class No. 4924.