Metal detectable PTFE sheet retains the key chemical, mechanical and thermal characteristics of Virgin PTFE whilst containing very fine material additives that make it identifiable to most metal detector scanning equipment. It is FDA approved, offers very low coefficient of friction and has excellent resistance to corrosion and hydrolysis. Metal detectable PTFE is commonly used in processing, packaging and conveying lines within the food, drink and pharmaceutical industry.
Commonly manufactured into gaskets, seals, guides, slide plates, scrapers and wear strips.
- Temperature: -200°C up to +260°C.
- Contains additives that are identifiable in metal detector scanning equipment.
- Excellent resistance to low and high temperatures.
- Chemically inert (with the exception of elemental alkali metals, chlorine trifluoride and elemental fluorine at high temperatures and pressures).
- Very good sliding properties and low coefficient of friction.
- Highly machinable.
- Food approved.
- Complies with commission regulation (EU) No. 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
- FDA approved for contact with food.
Also available: PTFE Rod - Metal Detectable.