Stainless steel filled PTFE sheet is a high performing fluoropolymer that provides enhanced mechanical properties, resistance to wear and improved thermal conductivity in comparison to standard grades of PTFE. The polymer offers excellent resistance to chemicals (with the exception of some alakli metals, chlorine trifluoride and elemental fluorine) and is capable of dissipating static build up. It also has a broad operating temperature, a class UL94 V-0 flammability rating and is suitable for use with wet and dry foodstuffs.
In comparison to other composites within the PTFE range, the stainless steel option provides enhanced resistance to deformation under load and has a similar kinetic coefficient of friction to the bronze and glass filled option. It is a preferred choice in the food processing industry due to the materials improved mechanical properties and its compliance with FDA and EC regulations. The 316L stainless steel filler also helps to increase the hardness of the material and makes it easier to machine.
At PAR Group, we have the capability to convert stainless steel filled PTFE sheet utilising in-house CNC machinery into finished products such as bushings, gaskets and sliding plates. It is commonly used in chemical and food processing applications when high compression and anti-static properties are required. For more information regarding the services we can provide, please visit our plastic machining section.
Bushings, slide pads, gaskets, washers, shaft bearings, slide runners, chemical tank linings and electrical insulation parts.
- Temperature: -200°C up to +260°C.
- The compound consists of 50% Virgin PTFE and 50% 316L stainless steel.
- Improved resistance to deformation under load compared to other PTFE composites.
- Outstanding resistance to low and high temperatures.
- Helps to dissipate static build up (volume resistivity of 107 Ohms).
- Chemically inert (with the exception of elemental alkali metals, chlorine trifluoride and elemental fluorine at high temperatures and pressures).
- Suitable for use in food contact applications.
- Highly machinable.
- Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) federal regulation 21 CFR Chapter 1; section 177.1550 for perfluorocarbon resins suitable for use with food contact surfaces.
- Conforms with regulation (EC) 1935/2004 and EU 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
- Offers a class UL94 V-0 flammability rating; meaning the polymer will self-extinguish after removal of flame.
Also available: Stainless steel filled PTFE Rod.