Silica cloth is manufactured by densely weaving continuous filament silica yarns to create a smooth fabric with good tensile strength. The material can be used as a substitute for ceramic cloths due to its resistance to elevated temperatures and molten splash. It is frequently used for bespoke straight sleeves/connectors, turbine insulation, welding blankets/covers, expansion joints and furnace linings.
Silica cloth can be supplied cut to size, by the roll, or manufactured to suit your bespoke requirements. It is also available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
- Temperature: Up to +1000°C (continuous).
- Good chemical resistance with the exception of hydrofluoric acid, phosphor acid, hydrochloric acid, magnesium, sodium and silicon.
- Excellent resistance to heat.
- Does not vitrify.
- Vermiculite dispersions are added to the cloth to improve resistance to molten metal splash.
- Non-porous to dust and incombustible according to DIN 4102 A2.