TUFNOL® industrial laminates are constructed from layers of fibrous reinforcement, such as cotton, paper or glass fabric bonded together with high quality thermosetting resins. TUFNOL® industrial laminates are available in various grades and has been developed for a wide range of applications including electrical transformers, gears, bearings, jigs and fixtures. We can also offer machined TUFNOL® components using a wide range of CNC facilities. Quotations can be provided from either existing samples or drawings.
Commonly applied to gears, bearings, jigs and fixtures.
- Temperature: 0°C up to +250°C.
- Rigid with high strength & low weight.
- Excellent electrical & thermal properties.
- Higher thermal expansion than many metals.
- Easily machined.
- Stronger under flexural, tensile & compressive forces than most engineering thermoplastics.
- Resistant to heavy loads with minimal creep.
- Weather resistant.
- Good resistance to chemicals, oils, solvents & hydrocarbons.
- Concentrated acids and alkalis will attack laminates.
We offer TUFNOL® industrial laminates in sheet, rod, tube, or machined to suit your requirement. Please select the grade you require from the links below. Alternative grades are also available.
Please note: Technical data for alternative sheet grade is different for tube, if you require technical data for tube please enquire.