Tufnol® 6F45 is a cotton fabric based epoxy laminate. It is manufactured with a specially modified epoxy resin system which provides outstanding electrical performance. We offer B42 as an alternative to Tufnol® 6F45.
This is a versatile grade used in a broad range of applications, normally where a high quality machined finish needs to be combined with electrical or mechanical performance. Common applications include compressor rotor blades, slip ring assemblies in helicopters, windshield components on aircraft, high vacuum components, slot wedges, labyrinth seals, insulating gears in scientific instruments, electrical mounting plates and electrical terminal blocks.
- Temperature: Up to +130°C (+150°C intermittent).
- Very high resistance to electrical tracking.
- Excellent dielectric strength.
- Good insulation resistance.
- Good water absorption.
- Mechanically strong.
- Resistant to a wide range of chemicals.
- Good wear resistance.