Cemtherm® (also referred to as Transite 1000) is a specially designed thermal insulation board for use in high temperature applications up to +538°C, where strength is of primary concern. The material is a Portland cement based product that is reinforced with selected non-asbestos fibres and silica providing excellent load bearing properties. Cemtherm® is an ideal replacement for asbestos cement based products and can be supplied silicone coated or impregnated for improved moisture resistance (upon request).
Commonly used in thermal and electrical applications when a high strength insulation plate is required. Cemtherm® can also be machined into various components such as muffle plates, core plates, support plates, end plates, soldering plates, load bearing gaskets, spacers, industrial ovens, furnace walls, welding shields, thermal boxes and strips.
- Max operating temperature: up to +538°C.
- Excellent resistance to mould and rot when exposed to dampness.
- Strong and rigid material that is easily machined.
- Good resistance to most alkalis and solvents.
- Good resistance to chemicals and corrosion.
- Non-combustible and asbestos free.
- Excellent insulation properties.
- Low thermal conductivity.
Please note: Cemtherm® has limited availability. However, Sindanyo® can be a more readily available alternative to Cemtherm® for many applications. Rods and tubes are also available upon request.