PET rod (polyethylene terephthalate) is a highly dimensionally stable engineering plastic that provides good resistance to chemicals and has excellent creep behaviour. It offers high mechanical strength, provides very low moisture absorption and is a good electrical insulator. PET is also hard wearing, highly machinable and is easy to polish.
At PAR, we have the capability to precision engineer PET rod into a range of finished products using in-house CNC machinery. Common components include deflection rollers, control discs, gears, bearings and parts for electrical insulation applications. For more information regarding our engineering capabilities please view our plastic machining section.
PET rod is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above in a range of diameters. If a branded alternative is required, we can supply PET (Ertalyte®) rod.
Commonly manufactured into deflection rollers for use in the filament industry, components for frames, insulators, control discs and bearings. Primarily used in food and pharmaceutical, electrical, mechanical and marine engineering applications.
- Temperature: -20°C to +115ºC (+180ºC short term).
- Very high dimensional stability.
- Very low moisture absorption.
- Excellent creep behaviour.
- Excellent mechanical strength, hardness and toughness.
- Good electric insulation properties.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals.
- PET is sensitive to hydrolysis.
- Natural PET sheet is food approved.
- Natural PET rod conforms to FDA Regulations title 21, part 177, paragraph 1630, sections a, f and g concerning plastics intended for use in contact with foodstuffs.
Also available: PET Sheet.