PEI (Ultem®) rod is a natural unreinforced polyetherimide engineering thermoplastic with good rigidity and thermal mechanical strength for demanding applications. It is amorphous and food approved and is suitable for repeated hot steam sterilization. PEI (Ultem®) rod is easily machined, welded and provides good insulation to electricity.
Microwave parts, insulators, surgical instruments, sight glasses and switch parts.
- Temperature: Up to +170°C (+200°C short term).
- Care required with coolant. Self-extinguishing V-0.
- Gamma ray and creep resistant.
- Suitable for hot steam sterilization.
- Highly machinable and easily welded.
- Good electrical insulation properties.
- FDA approved for food contact.
Also available: PEI (Ultem®) Sheet.