PET (Ertalyte®) rod is a tough, dimensionally stable plastic, offering excellent wear resistance and mechanical strength. It is suitable for high load and high wear applications. It also has extremely low water absorption along with good chemical resistance; and is resistant to a broader range of acids than Nylon. PET is available in a range of brands including Ertalyte® and Ertalyte® TX (self-lubricated). Both grades are easy to machine and are suitable for food contact applications.
Friction strips, machined components, bearings and rollers.
- Temperature: -20°C to +100ºC (+160ºC short term).
- Excellent resistance to wear.
- Tough and dimensionally stable.
- Good chemical and creep resistance.
- Extremely low moisture absorption.
- High mechanical strength and stiffness.
- Suitable for food contact.
Also available: PET (Ertalyte®) Sheet and PET (Ertalyte®)Tube.