PAI rod (polyamide-imide) is a plastic which offers high impact and compressive strength properties. It is capable of maintaining strong creep resistance, rigidity and mechanical strength properties within a range of temperatures. It has an excellent dimensional stability, within a range of temperatures. PAI material features a high dielectric strength and electrical insulation properties.
At PAR Group, we have the in-house capabilities to convert and machine polyamide-imide rod into bespoke parts.
Used in electrical connectors, insulators, linkages and seal rings in the aerospace, automotive, oil and gas industries.
- Temperature: -50°C up to +250ºC (continuous).
- High dielectric strength and electrical insulation.
- Gamma, x-ray and UV resistant.
- Excellent dimensional stability (up to 260°C).
- Strong impact strength.
- Amorphous with a glass transition temperature (Tg) of 280°C.
- Very low coefficient of linear thermal expansion.