PEI (Ultem®) sheet is natural unreinforced polyetherimide engineering thermoplastic with good rigidity and mechanical strength for demanding applications. It is amorphous and has good dimensional accuracy, electrical insulation and weldability properties. PEI (Ultem®) sheet is suitable for contact with food and is resistant to creep and gamma rays.
Metering equipment, sterilization tanks, microwave parts, coil formers, insulators, sensor housings, surgical instruments, light sockets, flanges, switch parts, valve bodies and sight glasses.
- Temperature: up to +170°C (+200°C short term).
- Suitable for repeated hot steam sterilization.
- Easily machined but susceptible to stress cracking.
- Care required with coolant. Self-extinguishing V-0.
- Good electrical insulation properties.
- Resistant to gamma rays.
- FDA approved for food contact.
Also available: PEI (Ultem®) Rod