Polyethylene PE1000 sheet (UHMW / UHMWPE) is a self-lubricating thermoplastic that provides outstanding resistance to abrasion, impact and wear. It performs well against chemicals and solvents (with the exception of oxidising acids such as nitric and sulphuric) and has one of the lowest coefficient of friction of any engineering plastic in our range. UHMW also provides very low moisture absorption, offers excellent electric and dielectric properties and is highly resistant to ultraviolet light. UHMW does not perform well when exposed to temperatures over +120°C and can become brittle in applications below -150°C. It is also difficult to bond due the materials waxy surface.
At PAR Group, UHMWPE is available in a range of colours that provide similar mechanical, thermal and electrical properties. We offer black and green 'regen' recycled grades for use in general purpose applications, as well as natural (virgin) and blue options that conform with FDA food contact regulations. For applications that require additional characteristics, a range of UHMW is available with various fillers and additives, please see our PE1000 sheet overview for more information.
Ultra-high-molecular-weight is often manufactured into parts that are used in the food processing, bottling, packaging, marine and quarrying industries. We frequently convert PE1000 into wear strips, chain guides, change parts, docking fenders and chute and hopper linings utilising advanced in-house plastic machining facilities. Black 'regen' recycled grade has excellent surface resistivity properties making it suitable for anti-static applications; please see the TDS below for information.
To send us your enquiry, please click the 'enquire now' button above to contact our technical sales team. A range of polyethylene UHMWPE sheet is also available to buy online at PAR Direct in a wide range of size options, thicknesses and colours by clicking the link above.
Properties of UHMW Sheet
- Temperature: Black and Green Colour: -150°C up to +80°C (+120°C short term).
- Temperature: Natural (Virgin) and Blue Colour: -200°C up to +80°C (+120°C short term).
- Natural (Virgin) and blue UHMW are food approved.
- 'Regen' black is suitable for anti-static applications and is UV stabilised.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, impact and wear.
- Outstanding resistance to chemicals and solvents.
- Very low coefficient of friction.
- Easily machined.
- Natural (Virgin) and blue polyethylene PE1000 complies with the compositional requirements of FDA regulations 21 CFR 177.1520.
- Natural (Virgin) and blue polyethylene PE1000 complies with the compositional requirements of EU 10/2011.
Please note: PAR Group supply green and black UHMW sheet in 'regen' recycled grade as standard. If you require a food approved grade in green or black, please state this on your enquiry.
Also available: Polyethylene PE1000 Rod and UHMW Tape - Self Adhesive Backed.