Blue food quality PTFE sheet, often incorrectly referred to as Teflon™, provides outstanding resistance to chemicals and is capable of operating at extremely low and high temperatures. It offers very low coefficient of friction, is highly resistant to corrosion and hydrolysis, and provides exceptionally low moisture absorption. Blue PTFE also has a UL 94-V0 flammability rating, offers high dielectric strength and is FDA approved for food contact applications. The material is, however, subject to creep and is very difficult to bond due to its non-stick surface. It is also not suitable for use with highly abrasive materials and does not offer good resistance to impact.
The highly visible colour make it a popular option in food and pharmaceutical processing applications. At PAR, we have the capability to machine the polymer into bespoke requirements from drawings or existing samples. We commonly convert blue food quality PTFE sheet into gaskets, slide plates, chemical linings, scrapers and guides. For more information regarding the services we offer, please visit our plastic machining section.
Gaskets, seals, scrapers, guides, slide bearings, insulators and washers.
- Temperature: -200°C up to +260°C.
- Provides excellent sliding properties.
- Chemically inert (with the exception of elemental alkali metals, chlorine trifluoride and elemental fluorine at high temperatures and pressures).
- Insoluble in all solvents up to temperatures as high as +300°C (572°F).
- Excellent dielectric strength.
- Highly resistant to corrosion and hydrolysis.
- Good machinability.
- FDA approved.
- Complies with code of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulation 21 CFR sections 175.105, 175.300, 176.170, 176.180, 177.1520, 177.1550, 177.2600 and 178.3570.
- Offers a class UL94 V-0 flammability rating, meaning the polymer will self-extinguish after removal of flame.
Also available: PTFE Rod - Blue Food Quality.