B30 phenolic glass laminate is a mechanically strong, low water absorbing general purpose glass laminate. It's excellent electrical insulation properties and thermal shock resistance make it ideally suited for bespoke components in electromechanical applications. It also displays low smoke emissions, low toxicity and is LUL approved for underground use. This material is supplied as a direct alternative to genuine TUFNOL® 10G16 and 10G24.
B30 is a rigid laminate material and, as such, can be machined into a wide range of bespoke items including gears, scrapers, bearings and pads. Our in-house facilities for manufacture include CNC milling, routing, turning and drilling. For more information on and examples of our manufacturing capabilities, please see our machining service page.
B30 is manufactured to BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-4-PFGC201.
Electromechanical welding jigs, electrical insulation components, terminal boards, tag strips, slot wedges, chemical resistant components.
- Temperature: Up to +155°C continuous (+200°C intermittent).
- Good electrical insulating properties.
- High mechanical strength.
- Good thermal shock resistance.
- Low smoke emission and toxicity.
- BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-4-PFGC201.
- BS 3953 Standard: F2 (since superseded by BS EN 60893).
- Closest Nema Standard equivalent: Nema G3.
- Closest MIL Specification: MIL-I-24768/18.
- LUL (London Underground Limited) Approved (SE970).