B34 polyimide glass laminate includes a high operating temperature bismaleimide resin pressed with glass reincorcements. The result is a high performance laminate capable of maintaining mechanical strength and rigidity in high temperature applications. Initially developed for the aerospace industry, B34 displays good electrical strength, dimensional stability and chemical resistance. This material is supplied as a direct alternative to genuine TUFNOL® 6G92.
B34 is typically manufactured into electrically insulating, high operating temperature components by CNC milling, routing, turning and drilling the material. Our in-house facilities allow us to manufacture custom components to your specific requirements. For additional information along with examples of our work, please visit our machining service page.
B34 is manufactured to BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-7-PIGC301.
High temperature electrical components, thermal splash barriers, welding jigs and fixtures, chemical resistant components.
- Temperature: Up to +200°C continuous (+250°C intermittent).
- Maintains properties at elevated temperatures.
- Excellent mechanical strength.
- Good dimensional stablity and chemical resistance.
- BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-7-PIGC301.
- BS 3953 Standard: PI1 (since superseded by BS EN 60893).