B38 epoxy glass laminate incorporates a brominated epoxy resin system, allowing it to display V0 self-extinguishing and flame retardancy properties. This, combined with its excellent electrical resistance and mechanical properties, makes it a popular choice for electronic and electromechanical application components that have an increased chance of coming into contact with naked flames. This material is supplied as a direct alternative to genuine TUFNOL® 10G41.
If required, we can also manufacture B38 into bespoke manufactured components using our in-house machining facilities. These may include CNC milling, routing, turning and drilling. For additional information along with examples of our work, please visit our machining service page.
B38 is manufactured to BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-2-EPGC202.
Flame retardant precision machined insulating parts, slot wedges, high voltage insulation, terminal boards, tag strips, transformer spacers, electro-mechanical components.
- Temperature: Up to +130°C continuous (+140°C intermittent).
- Flame retardant grade.
- Excellent electrical characteristics.
- Good mechanical properties.
- Easy to machine into custom components.
- BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-2-EPGC202.
- BS 3953 Standard: EP4 (since superseded by BS EN 60893).
- Closest Nema Standard equivalent: Nema FR4.
- Closest MIL Specification: MIL-I-24768/27.