B46 epoxy glass laminate has similar properties to G10 epoxy with the additional inclusion of a modified resin system to improve machinability. B46 has good all round characteristics in mechanical strength and electrical resistance and is seen as an economical alternative to higher specification grades. This material is supplied as a direct alternative to genuine TUFNOL® 10G40.
The modified resin system of B46 allows it to be machined even easier than other grades of glass laminate materials. Traditional machining process can be used including CNC vertical milling, routing, drilling and turning. We can manufacture your bespoke components using our own in-house facilities; please visit our machining service page for additional information.
B46 is manufactured to BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-2-EPGC201.
Precision machined electromechanical components, chemical resistant components, high voltage insulation components, phase barriers, transformer spacers.
- Temperature: Up to +120°C continuous (+130°C intermittent).
- Excellent machining capabilities.
- Good mechanical and electrical characteristics.
- Good chemical resistance.
- BS EN 60893 Standard: 3-2-EPGC201.
- BS 3953 Standard: EP3 (since superseded by BS EN 60893).
- Closest Nema Standard equivalent: Nema G10.
- Closest MIL Specification: MIL-I-24768/2.