Metal detectable silicone rubber cord (SI) is a food approved synthetic elastomer that maintains its flexibility and compression set over a broad temperature range. The material offers good electrical insulation properties, has a non-stick surface and provides resistance to UV and oxidation. Metal detectable silicone cord is primarily used in food, drink and pharmaceutical applications and contains detectable additives that are visible to metal detector scanning equipment, thus helping to prevent against product contamination. The elastomer also complies with FDA 177 2600, EC 1935/2004 and WRAS regulations.
Metal detectable silicone cord is commonly used in sealing applications when exact size o-rings are not available. Each end of the cord can be vulcanised using RTV silicone adhesive, which cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature. We also supply a range of standard silicone cord in a variety of colours should detectable characteristics be inessential to your application.
A range of our standard metal detectable silicone cord is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
- Shore Hardness: 60 ± 5°.
- Temperature: -60°C to +200°C.
- Food approved and metal detectable.
- Excellent heat resistance.
- Excellent release (non-stick), heat and electrical insulating properties.
- Popular option within the food, drink and pharmaceutical industries.
- Conforms to US FDA 21 CFR177.2600 for rubber articles intended for repeated use with food.
- EC No 1935/2004 compliant for articles intended to come into contact with food.
- WRAS approved.