Silicone rubber cord (SI) is a synthetic elastomer manufactured from a blend of silicon, carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. It provides high levels of compressibility across a broad temperature range, has a non-stick, watertight surface and performs well against weathering, ultraviolet light and ozone. It also exhibits excellent electrical insulation properties, is WRAS / WRc approved and is suitable for food contact applications due to its conformance with FDA and EC regulations. Silicone does not perform well, however, when subject to applications involving abrasion and should not be used with acids, ketones or petrochemicals.
Silicone rubber cord is available in a range of colours and diameters from PAR Group and is primarily used in high temperature sealing applications. It is also a popular option in the food processing industry and is often vulcanised using RTV silicone adhesive to create an effective O-ring. We also supply metal detectable silicone cord that helps to reduce the risk of product contamination and a closed cell silicone sponge cord if additional compressibility is required.
Silicone rubber cord is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above. If a different diameter or colour of silicone cord is required, please click the 'enquire now' button at the top of the page stating our product code and the quantity you need.
High temperature sealing, door seals, oven seals, packaging and food processing machinery.
Key Features of Silicone Cord
- Shore Hardness: 60 ± 5° (standard).
- Temperature: -40°C up to +200°C.
- Excellent resistance to both low and high temperatures.
- Maintains its flexibility and compressibility.
- Very good resistance to UV, light and ozone.
- Exhibits high electrical insulation properties.
- Suitable for use with drinking water.
- Food approved.
- Conforms to US FDA 21 CFR177.2600 for rubber articles intended for repeated use with food.
- EC No 1935/2004 compliant for articles intended to come into contact with food.
- WRAS / WRc approved product.
Note: Please quote our product code on enquiry.
Also available: O-rings manufactured from silicone rubber are available in a wide range of standard sizes.