PAI sheet (polyamide-imide) is a plastic material that is capable of maintaining its dimensional stability under both high and low temperatures. The material offers excellent high impact strength, dielectric strength and electrical insulation properties. PAI sheet continues to perform well over a range of temperatures due to retaining a strong creep resistance, rigidity and mechanical strength properties.
At PAR Group, we have the in-house abilities to convert and machine polyamide-imide sheet into bespoke parts on our CNC machinery.
Commonly manufactured into insulators, electrical connectors, seal rings and linkages in the aerospace, automotive, oil and gas industries.
- Temperature: -50°C up to +250ºC (continuous).
- Exceptional dimensional stability (up to 260°C).
- Very high impact strength.
- Extremely low coefficient of linear thermal expansion.
- Excellent resistance against high energy radiation (x-rays and gamma).
- High UV resistance.
- Good electric insulation and high dielectric strength properties.
- Amorphous with a glass transition temperature (Tg) of 280°C.
- Highly machinable.