PET (Ertalyte®) sheet is a tough, dimensionally stable plastic, offering excellent wear resistance and mechanical strength. It is suitable for high load, high wear applications. It also has extremely low water absorption along with good chemical resistance, and is resistant to a broader range of acids than Nylon. It has a low coefficient of friction, is easy to machine, and is suitable for food contact applications. PET is available in a range of brands including Ertalyte® and Ertalyte® TX (light grey, self-lubricated).
Suitable for structural applications, gears, distribution valves, friction strips, dynamic seals, bushes, packaging machinery parts, bearings and rollers.
- Temperature: -20°C up to +100ºC (+160ºC short term).
- Tough and dimensionally stable.
- Good chemical and creep resistance.
- Very low moisture absorption.
- Excellent wear resistance properties.
- High mechanical strength and stiffness.
- Suitable for food contact.
Also available: PET (Ertalyte®) Rod and PET (Ertalyte®) Tube.