PET sheet (polyethylene terephthalate) is a common thermoplastic that provides high dimensional stability, excellent mechanical strength and good resistance to creep. It offers resistance to chemicals, provides very low moisture absorption and is a good electrical insulator. PET sheet also performs well in wear applications and has a tough, hard surface that can be easily machined and polished.
At PAR Group, we have the capability to machine polyethylene terephthalate utilising our in-house 5 axis CNC technology. We commonly manufacture PET into a range of components such as bearings, gear wheels, control discs and insulators for electrical engineering applications. It can also be converted into tank lids, pump parts and friction strips, or be used as a gas barrier. Please visit our plastic machining section for more information regarding the services we offer and to view examples of our work.
PET sheet is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above in a range of sheet sizes and thicknesses. We can also offer PET (Ertalyte®) sheet if a branded alternative is required.
Commonly manufactured into bearings, pump parts, components for frames, tank lids, insulators, friction strips and control discs. Primarily used in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, electrical and food and pharmaceutical applications.
- Temperature: -20°C up to +115ºC (+180ºC short term).
- Very high dimensional stability.
- Excellent creep behaviour.
- High mechanical strength, hardness and toughness.
- Very low moisture absorption.
- Good electric insulation properties.
- Excellent resistance to chemicals.
- Sensitive to hydrolysis.
- Highly machinable.
- Natural PET sheet is food approved.
- Natural PET sheet adheres to FDA Regulations title 21, part 177, paragraph 1630, sections a, f and g concerning plastics intended for use in contact with foodstuffs.
Also available: PET Rod.