Vyon® breathable plastic sheet is manufactured from sintered high density polyethylene (HDPE) and is commonly used in the food and pharmaceutical applications. It is porous when used on either side and has a uniform pore structure giving an even total area fluidisation. It is self-supporting due to its semi-rigid nature, thereby reducing the need for the external support structures that are required with canvas and felt media. It is easy to cut and all grades below are FDA approved.
Utilising in house plastic fabrication facilities PAR have the capability to manufacture cones, hoppers and chutes using Vyon materials. Please contact us to discuss your requirements. Vyon® breathable plastic sheet is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
Fluidising beds, filtration, aeration, separation, venting, hoppers, linings, chutes and cones. Food and pharmaceutical - sugar, flour, milk powder, paracetamol, ventilators, vitamins. Industrial and construction – cement, gypsum, soda/fly ash, coal dust. Chemical and plastics - titanium dioxide, carbon black, calcium carbonate, epoxy and polyester paint powders, polyethylene powder.
- Temperature: -70°C up to +80°C.
- Vyon® is manufactured with a controlled and consistent distribution of pores throughout and does not stretch or flex during use, ensuring uniform flow.
- Made from ultra clean, USP Class VI approved raw materials that will not adversely contaminate the powder being fluidised.
- Unlike canvas and felt, Vyon does not shed fibres, therefore ideally suited for food and pharmaceutical applications.
- It is naturally hydrophobic, acting as a moisture barrier to help prevent the transfer of moisture when using factory compressed air supplies.
- Naturally chemically inert, HDPE exhibits broad chemical compatibility.
- Easily welded to itself or non-porous plastics, to form larger sheets or aeration cones, either during manufacture or on a customer's site.
- Can be effectively cleaned in situ by either washing or by back flushing.
- FDA approved.