Our range of prismatic diffuser panels are manufactured from either a polycarbonate (PC) or polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin. They are primarily used in lighting applications in indoor workspaces to optimise light transmission and disperse the effects of glare. The panels are lightweight, easy to install and can be cut in-house to suit your dimensional requirements. Prismatic diffuser panels also help to hide unsightly cabling on suspended ceilings and reduce draughts in open interior environments.
At PAR, we offer two material options that are used for fluorescent or LED lighting applications. Our standard option is polycarbonate, which transmits up to 89% of light, has a class 1 flammability rating in accordance with BS 476 part 7 and is designed for use with fluorescent lighting. The panel has a K12 diagonal female prism matrix surface on one side and a smooth top surface that is suitable for vacuum forming, moulding and fabrication on the other.
PET diffuser panels are also available and are specifically designed for use with LED lighting. The panel complies with BS EN 12464-1 and has a P52 crosswire prism surface that provides excellent de-glaring properties. The material is UV stabilised and provides up to 84% light transmission. PET prismatic diffuser panels also have a TP(a) fire rating, meaning the material will self-extinguish within five seconds after removal of flame.
Polycarbonate and PET prismatic diffuser panels are available to purchase online at PAR Direct by clicking the 'buy online' button above.
Primarily used in schools, restaurants, hospitals, sporting facilities, retail outlets, clean rooms, public buildings, offices and public areas in fluorescent lighting applications. Prismatic diffuser panels can also be used as a high quality fire retardant diffuser.
- Temperature: -50°C up to +100°C (polycarbonate).
- Lightweight and impact resistant.
- Excellent light diffusion properties.
- Designed to reduce glare.
- Can be cut to suit your dimensional requirements.
- Polycarbonate (PC) diffuser panels have a Class 1 flammability rating in accordance with BS 476 Part 7.
- P52 polyethylene terephthalate (PET) diffuser panels comply with BS EN 12464 and are suitable for use in LED lighting applications in indoor work places.
- PET panels have a TP(a) fire rating, meaning the material self-extinguishes within 5 seconds once the source of flame is removed.