PETG sheet offers superior impact strength over acrylic and maintains many of the advantages of polycarbonate. It has a lower temperature rating than polycarbonate, which makes it more suitable for forming and fabricating parts. PETG does not absorb moisture which can cause issues when forming and is easier to machine, weld and bond compared to polycarbonate. It is also FDA approved making it popular for machine guards and transfer chutes in the food, drink and pharmaceutical industry.
PETG sheet is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
Formed chutes, machine guards, displays, windows, site glasses, crash doors.
- Temperature: Up to +65°C.
- Offers high impact strength and is easy to weld.
- Allows easy drilling, sawing and cold bending.
- Excellent thermoforming properties.
- Does not absorb moisture.
- Excellent optical properties.
- Approved for food contact.
- Meets the requirements of EU regulation No. 10/2011 and its amendments for plastics used in food contact applications.
- Complies with the requirements and specifications of FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.1315(b)(1).