Blue food quality FKM rubber gaskets are cut from a synthetic elastomer that complies with FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.2600. They offer outstanding thermal stability, good mechanical properties and provide excellent resistance to alcohols, fish oils, vegetable oils and animal fats. These gaskets are commonly used in food, drink and pharmaceutical applications due to their highly identifiable colour, thus helping to reduce the risk of product contamination. They are also suitable for use in sealing applications involving chlorinated hydrocarbons, petroleum and chemicals and perform well when exposed to ozone and weathering.
We can also offer white FKM gaskets that comply to the same FDA food contact regulations or genuine Viton® A gaskets if food approval is not essential to your application.
At PAR, we have the capability to manufacture any standard flange, dovetail, picture frame or bespoke gasket and can fulfil low or high volume requirements. For more information on how to accurately measure your gasket, please see our helpful guide on 'How to Measure a Gasket'.
- Shore Hardness: 64° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -10°C up to +250°C.
- Excellent resistance to animal fats, oils, chlorinated hydrocarbons, petroleum and chemicals.
- Highly identifiable colour.
- Excellent resistance to high temperatures.
- Food approved.
- Complies with FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.2600 for rubber articles intended for repeated use with wet and dry foodstuffs.