Hypalon rubber gaskets are cut from a high quality material manufactured from chloro-sulfonyl-polyethylene. They provide outstanding resistance to ageing, weathering, abrasion and ultraviolet and are commonly used in exterior sealing applications. Hypalon gaskets offer very high thermal stability and provide moderate resistance to lubricating oils and chemicals. In comparison to other elastomeric gasket materials, they are less likely to degrade when subject to constant UV exposure or unfavourable weather conditions (with the exception of EPDM).
At PAR, we utilise advanced in-house CNC machining technology and are able to cut to precise tolerances to suit specific requirements. We can manufacture dovetail, picture frame or standard flange gaskets and have the ability to work to bespoke dimensional drawings if required. For information on how to accurately measure your gasket, please view our step by step guide on 'How to Measure a Gasket'.
- Shore Hardness: 65° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -30°C up to +180°C.
- Excellent resistance to weathering, ozone and ultraviolet light.
- Moderate resistance to lubricating oils and some chemicals.
- Outstanding thermal stability.
- Not suitable for use with aromatic hydrocarbons or ketones.
- Smooth plate finish as standard on both sides.