Natural white food quality rubber gaskets are cut from a general purpose rubber that provides good tensile strength and excellent resistance to abrasion. The material conforms with FDA and EC food approval regulations and is commonly used in the food and drink industry due to the elastomers performance with alcohols, moderate chemicals, ketones, aldehydes and wet or dry organic acids. Natural food quality gaskets should not, however, be used for applications involving strong acids, oils, greases and hydrocarbons.
At PAR, we have the capability to cut to tight tolerances utilising advanced CNC machinery and can fulfil single unit or high volume requirements. For information on how to measure flange and picture frame gaskets, please view our step by step guide on 'How to Measure a Gasket'.
- Shore Hardness: 60° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -40°C up to +70°C.
- Gaskets provide good resistance to abrasion, alcohols, ketones and organic acids.
- Superior tensile strength over synthetic rubber gaskets.
- Conform to the latest food industry standards.
- Meets regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 for articles intended to come into contact with food.
- Complies with US FDA 21 CFR177.2600 for rubber articles intended for repeated use with food.