Blue food quality nitrile rubber gaskets are manufactured from a synthetic blend of butadiene and acrylonitrile. The elastomer offers good mechanical properties and is a popular option in food and pharmaceutical processing operations due its performance against animal fats, fish oils, greases and vegetable oils. Blue food quality nitrile also complies with EC and FDA food contact regulations and its highly identifiable colour can help to reduce the risk of product contamination.
We also offer blue metal detectable nitrile gaskets that contain additives that are visible to scanning equipment and white food quality nitrile gaskets if a slightly higher temperature rating is required.
PAR have the capability to fulfil single unit or high volume requirements and can cut to tight tolerances utilising advanced CNC machinery. To help accurately measure the flange or picture frame gasket you require, please view our 'How to Measure a Gasket' guide.
- Shore Hardness: 60° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -30°C up to +110°C.
- Conforms to the latest food approval regulations.
- Provides excellent resistance to animal fats, fish oils and vegetable oils.
- Offers good mechanical properties, resistance to tear, petroleum and lubricating oils.
- Highly identifiable colour.
- (EC) No 1935/2004 regulation compliant for articles intended to come into contact with food.
- Conforms to US FDA 21 CFR177.2600 for rubber articles intended for repeated use with food.
- USP Class V1 approved.