Butyl rubber sheeting (IIR) is a high performing, synthetic elastomer manufactured from a blend of isobutylene and isoprene. It offers excellent thermal stability along with resistance to ageing, ultra-violet light and weathering, making it suitable for a range of indoor and outdoor applications.
The highly impermeable structure of Butyl rubber makes the material a popular option in applications that require air retention or the sealing of gas and compressed air. It is not, however, recommended for use with petroleum, oils or chlorinated solvents.
Available to purchase in rolls, strips or cut to size sheets, Butyl rubber sheet is commonly manufactured into gaskets and seals due to the specific properties it provides.
Our range of Butyl rubber sheeting is available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the red button above. From here, you can benefit from free standard UK mainland delivery on all orders over £50.00 (ex. VAT).
Butyl is also referred to as isobutylene-isoprene rubber.
- Shore Hardness: 65° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -40°C to +140°C.
- Excellent impermeability to most gasses, compressed air and moisture.
- Offers outstanding resistance to UV and ageing.
- Commonly used as a gasket material when an air tight seal is required.
- Smooth plate finish on both sides as standard.
- This material is fully CE, PAH, RoHS and REACH compliant.