Blue food quality Viton® rubber sheeting (FKM) is a high specification fluoroelastomer providing a wide range of properties and benefits. It displays excellent or outstanding resistance to many chemicals and substances, including: animal fats, food oils, petroleum and most acids. This, along with it's high upper operating temperature and food contact appovals, makes it particularly suitable for applications in food, drink and pharmaceutical manufacture where elevated temperatures are present.
Other available grades of Viton® include white food quality for applications where the easy to identify blue isn't important, and standard black Viton® for non food contact applications.
Blue food quality Viton® rubber sheeting can be supplied by the roll, cut to profiles or gaskets using in-house CNC technology, or butt-joined and bonded into rubber sleeves.
- Shore Hardness: 65° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -30°C up to +275°C.
- Approved for food contact applications.
- Provides excellent resistance to ozone, acids and solvents.
- Outstanding resistance to animal fats and food oils.
- Popular option in the food and drink industries.
- Conforms to (EC) No 1935/2004 regulation for articles intended to come into contact with food.
- The component parts used and maximum levels in compound mixtures are in accordance with FDA part 177, section 177.2600, for rubber articles intended for repeated use with food.