Flame retardant EPDM rubber sheeting is a halogen free, synthetic elastomer that is classed as flame retardant in accordance with BS EN 45545-2:2013 + A1:2015 and EN ISO 9239-1. The material meets the European standard for fire protection on railway and metro coaches and is suitable for use as floor coverings or other finished products. In the case of a fire, it gives off low smoke emissions and helps to reduce the spread of flame.
Due to the quality of the compound, flame retardant EPDM provides superior tensile strength, elongation at break and improved resistance to temperatures compared to standard grades. It is also more durable, offers increased resistance to abrasion and provides excellent resistance to ageing, ozone and weathering.
Flame retardant EPDM rubber sheeting is available in rolls, cut to size pieces and can be manufactured into gaskets utilising in-house CNC machinery. It is available to buy online by the linear metre at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
- Shore Hardness: 70° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -30°C up to +100°C.
- Offers additional flame retardant properties compared to standard EPDM.
- Good resistance to alkalines, diluted acids and ketones.
- Excellent resistance to ozone and weathering.
- Good durability and resistance to abrasion.
- Commonly used in external applications.
- Meets the fire protection requirements specified in BS EN 45545-2:2013 + A1:2015 for materials and components certified for use on railway vehicles.
- Complies with regulation EN ISO 9239-1.
- This material is fully CE, PAH, RoHS and REACH compliant.