Blue food quality nitrile rubber sheeting (NBR) is manufactured from a high quality, synthetic material that provides excellent resistance to animal fats, fish oils, greases and vegetable oils. It is a popular option in the food, drink and pharmaceutical sectors due to the aforementioned qualities and its conformity with the latest EC and FDA food approval regulations. The material also offers good mechanical properties and its highly visible colour meets common industrial requirements.
Due to the quality of the compound, blue nitrile rubber sheet provides enhanced tensile strength, elongation at break, and resistance to temperatures in comparison to standard grades of nitrile rubber sheet.
Alternatively, we also supply blue metal detectable nitrile, which helps to reduce the potential risk of contamination, or white food quality nitrile if a higher temperature rating is required.
Nitrile rubber can be supplied by the roll, cut using in-house CNC machinery into gaskets, or manufactured into sleeves. Blue food quality nitrile rubber sheet is also available to buy online at PAR Direct by clicking the link above.
Nitrile rubber is also referred to as NBR rubber, Buna-N and Perbunan.
- Shore Hardness: 60° ± 5°.
- Temperature: -25°C up to +110°C.
- Conforms with the latest food approval regulations.
- Provides excellent resistance to animal fats, fish oils and vegetable oils.
- Popular option in the food and pharmaceutical sectors due its high visibility.
- Offers good mechanical properties and resistance to tear.
- Good resistance to petroleum and lubricating oils.
- (EC) No 1935/2004 regulation compliant for articles intended to come into contact with food.
- Conforms to US FDA 21 CFR177.2600 for rubber articles intended for repeated use with food.
- USP Class V1 approved.
- This material is fully CE, PAH, RoHS and REACH compliant.